Can you imagine finding out that your insurance policy covered $50,000 in long-term care benefits?
That is what happened to a client of mine. I had a gentleman sign a contract for home care services and give us a check. We happened to ask for the second time if he had long term care insurance, and this time, it rang a bell. He goes to his office and comes back with an insurance policy. That policy had over $500,000 of long-term care benefits that pay for his care.
The cost of home care is one of the biggest obstacles that older adults face in terms of getting the care that we need. Some people just don’t remember they have purchased these policies or do not understand what they are for.
- Here are some tips to determine if your insurance policy covers in-home care:
- Look at all of your insurance policies
- Pull out any life insurance and long-term care policies
- Determine if the policies are still in effect or if they can be reinstated
- If you have a long-term care policy, schedule a long-term care review to determine what your policy covers and when you can tap into those benefits.
Alliance Senior Care provides free long-term care insurance reviews.
If you have a long-term care policy, call 248-274-2170 to schedule a review. What if you don’t have a long-term care policy, but you do have a life insurance policy.
Call for a free review. Some Life Insurance policies to allow you to tap into the policy to pay for your care. Alliance Senior Care is your partner in senior care and is happy to help you.