As a home care provider serving older clients many with pre-existing health conditions which make them more vulnerable to infections, including the coronavirus and seasonal flu we’re taking our responsibility to our clients, their families, our community, and our caregivers very seriously.
We understand that many facilities have new guidelines for admitting third-party caregivers and we’ve created a highly responsive, dedicated team to respond to changing conditions. Our care team can work with your facility to address your specific screening criteria for care professionals. Our top priority is always to support the safety and well-being of our clients and Care Pros. By working together, our Care Pros can support your staff members by providing individualized care to our shared clients.
Here’s how we’re enhancing protocols and policies to help mitigate infection exposure during this unprecedented time.
Enhanced Protocols and instructions for Our Care Pros
Heightened Infection Controls
- We’re implementing a new pre-check-in process for all Care Pros before they can start a shift and building it into our app. To mitigate the risk of transfer, we’re rolling out a requirement for every Care Pro to take their temperature prior to a care visit and let us know if they’re experiencing any of these symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or nausea. And we prompt them to wash their hands before doing anything else for the visit.
- If a Care Pro exhibits any flu-like symptoms, we immediately begin work to re-staff their visits with another CarePro. We’ve also expanded our clearance process for any Care Pros returning to work after being sick. And we’re instructing Care Pros to stay home if they feel sick and not penalizing them for missing any visits.
- We’ve updated our client consultations to screen for flu-like symptoms so we can ensure proper protections are in place before care begins.
- We have new infection controls to help mitigate transmission such as requiring Care Pros to wear masks, gowns, and gloves when interacting with clients exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
Care Pro Safety Precautions
- We’re sending frequent reminders to Care Pros, reiterating the importance of taking universal precautions, including thorough, frequent hand-washing and using disinfectants.
- We’re making key safety tools available to Care Pros, including hand sanitizer, flu shots, and gloves.
- We’re actively adjusting our protocols based on the latest local and federal guidelines—and reaching out to public health officials in every county we serve to stay up to date.
- We’re in close contact with all facilities we serve to stay informed of their most recent guidance and instructions.
Our clients’ safety is our top priority—and we’re working around the clock to navigate through these challenging circumstances. We hope this information is helpful to you and inspires ongoing trust in our Care Pros and confidence in our abilities to support your residents’ care needs.
If you or an aging loved-one are considering hiring a Home Care in Bloomfield Hills MI, please contact the caring staff at Alliance Senior Care today. Call (248) 274-2170.