Home Care benefits for Seniors During COVID 19 and the Delta variant
The risk of catching a severe case of Covid-19 with the Delta variant is greater for older adults, even those who have been vaccinated. As people age, their immune system function declines, making them more susceptible to infections or diseases, such as breakthrough cases of Covid-19.
But while they can get COVID, older adults who have gotten their shots are still better protected from infection, and are much less likely to experience serious symptoms than those that haven’t, should they contract it.
While concern in Long Term care facilities and retirement home has been justifiably increasing due to the Delta variant, Home Care offers alternatives for seniors who can live at home but still need care.
- With the Delta variant long term care facilities and retirement are concerned. Home care provides an alternative where exposure to the delta variant can be managed.
- Home Care Services, like the ones offered by us at Alliance Senior Care, can provide a tailored care plan including healthcare as well as support for daily living activities and errands.
- Care providers provide focused care for your elderly loved one for the personalized time and attention they need.
- Home care will also work with family members to coordinate with family members to ensure your elderly loved one is not exposed to too many people while still getting the care and support they need.
- Home Care provides elderly residents the structure while allowing them to maintain their independence to move safely in your day-to-day activities, and help avoid unnecessary hospitalizations.