7 Care Transitions Tips to Ensure a Safe Discharge from a Hospital Stay
Once older adults have gone to the hospital or rehabilitation center, returning home can be overwhelming. They may have been away from home for several weeks or even months. It is likely that are weaker a result of injury, illness or surgery than when they left.
Older Adults sometimes get a false sense of security because they were functioning very well in medically supervised setting. When considering how well your loved one will transition home, take these factors into account that home:
1. They may not be able to access certain parts of their home due to stairs or steps.
2. Doorways are oftentimes not wide enough to accommodate walkers and wheelchairs.
3. The carpet or rugs make using a walker or wheelchair difficult and dangerous.
4. Grab bars are not available around the bathroom.
5. Care is not available 24 hours a day. Your loved one may not need care all of the time, but may need assistance with more challenging tasks, like dressing and bathing.
6. Making meals can be challenging and require a lot of planning and preparation.
7. They may not understand all of the medication changes that were made.
Alliance Home Care provides Transition Care Packages specifically to Assist Patients Returning Home
All of these factors can make returning home overwhelming and dangerous. The Transition’s Care Package is specifically designed to assist the clients returning home. Client’s initially receive the highest level of care and then care tapers off as the client adjusts to their surroundings.
The Transition’s Care package also includes a home assessment to recommend modifications or equipment that will support the safe transition. https://www.alliancesrcare.com/packages-special-offers/
To schedule your safe transition home, call the experts at Alliance Senior Care at (248)274-2170.
Alliance Home Care Services Can Help
Alliance Home Care Services provide a wide range of home care, healthcare, companionship, care transitions and support for the elderly and their families alike.
Home Care Services are an excellent resource for family caregivers and seniors alike.
Home Care services offer a wide range of services providing healthcare, daily living assistance, transportation to and from Doctor’s appointments and tailored care services for additional circumstances.