Memorial Day – In-Home Care for Our Senior Loved Ones
Remembering Loved Ones Who Served
Memorial Day is a day o remember those who served and lost their lives while in that service. Memorial Day is also a day for families to get together in an informal start to summer. For our senior loved ones it is an important holiday for family and remembrance of our loved ones who have passed while serving and for families caring for elderly loved ones.
In-Home care is the preferred option for most seniors today. Who doesn’t want to remain in their homes as they age? While some do just fine maintaining a good quality of life in nursing homes or assisted living facilities, most older adults want to remain in their homes, where they feel most safe and secure.
Benefits of In-Home Care
There are many benefits that come with seniors remaining in the comfort of their home. If you are trying to determine if it’s the right choice for you, consider the following reasons home care is often the best care:
- Remaining independent. We all want to stay as independent as possible for as long as possible! If some care is needed, it is totally possible to receive that care while in the home. Even if the needs are great, home health agencies can easily offer skilled nursing services.
- Keeping spirits high. People always feel more comfortable in their own homes, and this allows for greater long-term success. Being at home allows seniors to live happier lives with greater connections to important relationships. In turn, this keeps their spirits high and depression low.
- Treatment and Support. Being at home allows family and friends to help out with the necessary treatment. This could include administration of medications, helping out with occupational or physical therapy, or even dietary needs.
- Staying connected to loved ones. This is a important! Most facilities will have structured visiting hours, but with in-home care you have the comforts of home and flexible time with loved ones.
- The comforts of home. Remaining at home allows anyone to feel at ease and most cared for. When we are surrounded by our familiar settings, things, and people, it is no surprise that we do better. Research shows seniors stay healthier and have a better quality of life when they can remain in their homes. When hospitals release patients to the familiar surroundings of home, they tend to heal faster and have far better results as they recover.
- A positive alternative for long-term skilled care. Depending on the illness or medical condition of your senior loved one, home health care is almost always a good option in place of facilities.
- Keeping Costs Manageable. Skilled nursing care can be quite expensive in an acute care, hospital or nursing home. Even assisted living facilities can get very costly. Bringing in skilled care services to the home environment is far more affordable and offers the flexibility of working around existing daily routines.
In-Home care for seniors is the option providing an excellent quality of life for our senior loved ones! This is especially true for those suffering with Alzheimer’s or dementia. At Alliance Senior Care, we offer specialized care plans for many chronic conditions.
To learn more about how In-Home Care can help improve your loved ones’ quality of life, call Alliance Senior Care at 248-274-2170. It’s not just In-Home Care, it is Integrated Care.
Home Care Services are an excellent resource for family caregivers and seniors alike.
Alliance Senior Care Home Care services offer a wide range of services providing healthcare, daily living assistance, transportation to and from Doctor’s appointments and tailored care services for additional circumstances.