In-Home Care Can Help Your Elderly Loved One Manage These 5 Chronic Conditions
In-Home Care can treat a wide range of conditions to enable people to live a higher quality of life. In-Home care is a service which can be tailored to your needs and care plan. If your loved one is struggling with a chronic condition contact us for tailored In-Home care services for your senior loved one.
1. Heart Disease, Heart Attacks and Heart Conditions
With nearly 1 in 3 expected to have some form of heart disease at some point in their lives, people with heart disease and related heart conditions can certainly benefit from In-Home Care services tailored to meet your or your loved ones needs.
When you or your loved one has a heart attack, heart disease, or a number of other related heart issues having a support structure in place is key to recovering and improving. In-Home Care services can do just that for you or your loved one. In-Home Care provides the following services and benefits for patients with heart disease.
- Provides healthcare and structured support for people recovering from a heart attack
- Provides assistance with nutrition and daily living activities to support patients with heart disease
- Assistance with medication
- Provides transportation to and from doctor’s visits
- Monitors health for symptoms and changes
Living with diabetes requires constant vigilance to monitor blood sugar and be able to make adjustments and intervene when necessary. When dealing with poorly controlled diabetes, In-Home Care can help with managing diabetes as well as recover from complications such as slow healing wounds.
- Educating you or you loved one on how to manage diabetes
- Help with nutrition and daily living activities
- Assistance with monitoring blood sugar
If you or your loved one has had a stroke recovering means coordinating care between Physical and occupational therapy and doctor’s visits are key to being able to regain functions and be able to perform everyday living activities. In-Home care will help you or your loved one recover from a stroke.
4. COPD and other Chronic Respiratory Conditions
With COPD and Chronic Respiratory Conditions people can struggle to just breathe. With all the effort it takes to breathe, it is not uncommon for people to struggle with exhaustion, muscle weakness and recurring incidents or ‘flare-ups’.
In-Home care can help you or your loved one maintain daily living activities and have healthy structures for living with COPD and Chronic Respiratory Conditions. Home bound patients can benefit from In-Home Care to manage their health and daily living activities.
- Assistance with medication and getting to and from doctor’s appointments
- Assistance with nutrition and with daily living activities
Help with identifying triggers for flare ups
5. Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia and Cognitive Issues
Cognitive decline can have a considerable impact on a person’s life and be very stressful for the patient and family members. There are treatments and therapies which can provide improvement in quality of life and provide support for family members.
- In-Home care can help with establishing daily routines
- Assistance with medication management
- Help with getting to and from Doctor’s appointments
- In-Home Care Nurses can help recognize the symptoms of depression which often accompany Dementia and Alzheimers.
To learn more about how In-Home Care can help improve your loved ones’ quality of life, call Alliance Senior Care at 248-274-2170. It’s not just In-Home Care, it is Integrated Care.
Home Care Services are an excellent resource for family caregivers and seniors alike.
Alliance Senior Care Home Care services offer a wide range of services providing healthcare, daily living assistance, transportation to and from Doctor’s appointments and tailored care services for additional circumstances.