The Benefits of At-Home Care for Your Senior Loved one
At-Home care is the preferred option for most seniors today. After all, who doesn’t want to be able to live at home and be as independent as possible?
While many long term care and assisted living facilities do just fine maintaining a good quality of life, most older adults want to remain in their homes, where they feel most safe and secure.
There are many benefits of being able to live out our old age within our homes. If you are trying to determine if it’s the right choice for you or a loved one in your family, consider the following benefits of at-home care:
- Maintaining independence. We all want to stay as independent as possible for as long as possible! If some care is needed, it is totally possible to receive that care while in the home. Even if the needs are great, home health agencies can easily offer skilled nursing services.
- Staying connected to friends and family. This is a big consideration. Being able to stay in your home makes it easy to maintain relationships and stay close to loved ones. Many long term care and skilled nursing facilities have restricted visiting hours, while home care allows you to have the support and care of friends and family at your leisure.
- Specialized Care Choices. At home care can also mean you have specialized healthcare options. At Alliance Home Care we offer Specialized care services for chronic health issues such as Dementia, Alzheimer’s, COPD as well as Transitional Care for those who recently had a procedure and are transitioning to life at home.
- The comforts of home. Remaining at home allows anyone to feel most cared for. When we are surrounded by familiar things, photographs, people, it is no surprise that we do better. Research has shown that seniors stay healthier and have a better quality of life when they can remain in their homes. When hospitals release patients to the familiar surroundings of home, they tend to heal faster and have far better results as they recover.
- An Alternative to long-term or skilled nursing care. Depending on the illness or medical condition of your senior loved one, home health care is almost always a good option in place of facilities.
- Support for healthcare. Being at home allows family and friends to help out with the necessary treatment. This could include administration of medications, helping out with occupational or physical therapy, or even dietary needs.
- Keeping Spirits Happy. People always feel more comfortable in their own homes, and this allows for greater long-term success and a better quality of life. When seniors get to remain at home, they get to live happier lives with greater connections to important relationships. In turn, this keeps their spirits high and depression low.
- Keep Costs Controlled. Skilled nursing care can be quite expensive when done in a hospital or nursing home. Long term care Facilities even assisted living facilities are costly. Bringing in skilled at-home care services to the home environment is far more affordable and offers the flexibility of working around existing daily routines.
To learn more about how In-Home Care can help improve your loved ones’ quality of life, call Alliance Senior Care at 248-274-2170. It’s not just In-Home Care, it is Integrated Care.
Home Care Services are an excellent resource for family caregivers and seniors alike.
Alliance Senior Care Home Care services offer a wide range of services providing healthcare, daily living assistance, transportation to and from Doctor’s appointments and tailored care services for additional circumstances.