Alliance Senior Care respite care is designed to help families and caregivers by providing a temporary relief from caring for loved ones. Families and caregivers often face serious stress problems as a result of balancing the needs of the person they are caring for with the needs of caring for themselves or their other family members.
This type of care can range from a few hours to overnight to extended care. Our caregivers help with as much or as little assistance needed. Respite care can be utilized on a regular schedule or specialized based on what is needed by family members and friends. The break that respite care provides allows family’s time to tend to the needs of themselves and the other special people in their life.
When to use Respite Care Services
Respite care services are provided at home. Most importantly, the client, their surroundings, and their routine do not need to change, just because the caregiver needs a break. The experienced caregivers at Alliance Senior Care are able to care for your loved one while you are away. Caregivers oftentimes use respite care services to be able to:
- Run Errands
- Complete the weekly shopping trip
- Go to class
- Go to work
- Go on vacation
- Enjoy time off with an activity like going to the movies or visiting friends
- Attend a special event; wedding, family gathering
What Does Respite Care Provide?
- Relief for family members from the demanding responsibility of providing constant care
- Enables a person with needs to remain at home in their familiar surroundings and maintain their routine
- Appropriate care and supervision in the absence of a family member
- An opportunity for a caregiver to attend to basic self-help and grooming activities that would ordinarily be performed family members
- Companionship and comfort to individuals who may prefer to stay home and those in need social interaction
- Avoid caregiver burnout
Respite Care Services can include, but are not limited to:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Personal Care (Bathing, Dressing and Toileting)
ServicesHourly Care, 24/7 Care, Hospice, and more!
About UsProudly Serving Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne Counties
Get a Break with Respite Care
Even when family members don’t mind taking care of their loved one, the consequences of constant care can be overwhelming without the support of a caregiver. Respite care provides relief for the people who are the primary caregivers and Alliance Senior Care is ready to step in to give them a break.
With a skilled caregiver providing respite care, there is more quality time available to spend with each other.
Contact us today for a free assessment or if you have more questions regarding respite care.